Elder and Estate Planning Attorneys
The Law Offices of Sean Patrick Cox, PLLC — Advocating for the Elderly
When an elderly family member is in need of assistance, it is critical you work with an experienced lawyer for your legal needs. By working with an experienced attorney, you can ensure that your loved one’s best interests are protected. At our law firm, we will advocate on your behalf.
We are the legal team at The Law Offices of Sean Patrick Cox, PLLC, and we represent clients throughout western Michigan in elder law and estate planning matters. Our firm is led by attorney Sean Patrick Cox, a lawyer with more than 21 years of experience. Many of our clients are senior citizens who live in Michigan for much of the year, but move to Florida during the winter months. Our attorney is licensed to practice law in both states, and he can provide full-service legal counsel to Michigan and Florida residents.
From our offices in Grand Rapids, Martin and Portage, we represent clients in elder law and estate planning matters, including:
- Veterans benefits: We are here to help you understand the available benefits if you are a U.S. veteran. Many individuals do not seek out the benefits that they are entitled to, and we can assist them with this process.
- Medicaid/nursing home planning: If you have experienced a recent crisis or an elderly loved one is developing a condition that requires a nursing home, we can help you plan ahead for the future through Medicaid planning or by making arrangements for a nursing home.
- Probate litigation: We handle a wide range of probate litigation matters, including will contests, trust and inheritance disputes, breach of fiduciary duties and creditor issues.
- Estate planning: We tailor our legal services to meet each individual’s estate planning needs, including services in regard to wills, trusts, living wills, life insurance, irrevocable trusts and in probate avoidance.
- Probate and estate administration: Our law firm provides full-service representation and will assist you with all aspects of the administration of an estate, including issues with creditors, marshalling estate assets, preparing documentation and preparing tax forms.
- Asset protection/trust planning: In order to fully secure your assets, it is important you work with an attorney in order to create the appropriate protection plan for your needs. We offer services in trust planning and forms of asset protection.
- Special needs planning: Planning for children and adults with special needs is a necessary step to take in order to ensure that your loved ones are protected. We can help minimize any tax implications and assist you in choosing a plan that best fits your needs.
How We Utilize a Full Network of Resources
To better serve our senior clients and their families, our law firm utilizes an extensive network of resources, including veterans benefits experts, professional home care providers, assisted-living centers and nursing homes. This allows us to provide comprehensive elder law representation. While it is our goal to keep seniors in their homes whenever feasible, we recognize this is not always possible. If a nursing home is necessary, our Michigan elder law lawyer has the resources to help your family find one that suits your needs and will put your mind at ease.
Contact Our Grand Rapids Estate Planning Lawyer
Talk with an attorney today about elder law and estate planning by calling us at (616) 942-6404. Schedule your free consultation here with one of our attorneys servicing Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and West Michigan.